Xtra Care Equipment is a recognized supplier on the DES Adult and Paediatric Wheelchair Contract. DES fund the purchase of manual and powered wheelchairs, custom modifications and seating for eligible adults and children.
To be eligible for services through this equipment program, the person must be permanently residing in South Australia and eligible for services through Disability Services, Domiciliary Care, Novita Children’s Services or Minda Inc.
For additional information on the Equipment program visit here
The Wheelchairs Xtra Care Equipment supply through this contract are listed below.
- Magic Mobility Frontier V6 Mid Wheel Drive Power Wheelchair – Adult and Paediatric sizes
- Magic Mobility Frontier V4 Rear Wheel Drive Power Wheelchair – Adult and Paediatric sizes
- Tilite Aero T Rigid Frame Adult Manual Wheelchair
- Tilite Aero Z Rigid Frame Adult Manual Wheelchair
- Tilite Aero X Folding Frame Manual Wheelchair – Adult and Paediatric sizes
- Tilite Twist Rigid Frame Paediatric Manual Wheelchair
- Permobil M3 Mid Wheel Drive Adult Power Wheelchair
- Permobil M300 PS Mid Wheel Drive Paediatric Power Wheelchair
- Glide G2 Leisure Plus Folding Frame Manual Paediatric Wheelchair
- Glide G2 Bariatric Manual wheelchair – transit or self propelled
- Glide Series 4 Folding Power Wheelchair – Adult and Paediatric sizes
- Glide Centro Mid Wheel Drive Power Wheelchair – Adult and Paediatric sizes
These wheelchairs have a multitude of customisations and need precise scripting by an expert. Many clients also require custom modifications, seating, backrests, headrests and control systems to ensure the chair meets their exact needs. We have three very experienced complex equipment consultants who work through this process with each DES client, their family, carers and therapist. Their job is to identify the client’s requirements and wishes, complete a hands on assessment, prescribe the equipment to match these needs, complete the relevant paperwork to be submitted to DES and once the equipment arrives, complete any final adjustments, custom modifications, seating and ensure everyone involved is 100% happy.
Our wheelchair and seating clinic, along with our showroom and workshop is located at 622 Regency Rd Broadview. We have equipment to support safe transfers and complete a full hands-on assessment. Our workshop is onsite to ensure all modifications can be done, trialed and completed while everyone is present. When clients are unable to travel to our clinic, we are very happy to come to you. We are also able to attend outreach clinics across the state and even complete prescriptions over the phone in consultation with a local therapist in very hard to reach places.
Our complex equipment team includes:
Daniel, Ross or Jordan are also able to provide one on one or group in-services to help you better understand the equipment, order forms or anything about the service we offer.